Users of an IRON RAFT homemade packraft and any other water sport equipment built with our fabrics should understand that participation in water sports such as packrafting can be dangerous and can lead to serious injury or death.
All our fabrics and IRON RAFT packraft kit fabrics are lightweight and as with all lightweight fabrics, they can be easily punctured. Users should be aware of this fact and must always consider it when assessing if water conditions are appropriate and safe for the use of a packraft. A punctured tube can result in an immediate requirement for the user to swim, therefore the user should never use a packraft in any water that he/she is not willing to swim or capable of swimming to safety.
IRON RAFT has no means to monitor and access the experience, judgment, or abilities of the users of the packrafts built from our fabrics/ IRON RAFT packraft kits. Therefore, we recommend that all users adhere to the following guidelines when using any water sport product produced from any of our products:
- Undertake paddle sport instruction specific to the type of craft you are using
- Consult a physician prior to undertaking your specific paddle sport training
- Undertake a first aid course prior to use and always carry first aid and safety/rescue equipment
- Never paddle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Always wear proper safety equipment including a helmet and a personal flotation device
- Always wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions
- Always check all of your equipment prior to each use for any signs of wear or failure
- Always paddle with a partner. Never paddle alone
- Never paddle in flood conditions
- Always scout unfamiliar waters and portage when necessary
- Be aware of appropriate river water levels, tidal changes, dangerous currents and any weather changes that may affect you
- Do not exceed your paddling ability